CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Puddles in my path

I can now say I have survived my first week back at work (school)!!! Of course it was filled with conflicts and an unexpected Snow Day on Tuesday!!
Monday was probably the most emotional day of my week. Cheerleading practice was tense due to the fact I have girls who are grieving the loss of a dear friend. (Let me recap December 11th ......Five of our students -- 2 different vehicles -- were involved in a head-on collision on their way to school. We lost a student from each vehicle that day, one a junior, the other a freshman.) Half of my squad was very close to Jordan, the junior. They are trying to live life, but are feeling things they have never felt before and don't know how to process those feelings. They are taking it out on each other and everyone around them. We are making contacts to get counselors in the school to help our students. Monday's practice also brought some other serious issues to light, concerning one of my girls. I am also getting her help.
Since Monday, I have been forced to be on the other side of those in need.....being helpless. It is a new side for me. For so long, I was the person in crisis. I am now feeling how my family and friends felt towards me for so long. I can definitely say it is a yucky feeling, but I have dealt and am dealing with it in positive ways, especially talking to my best friend, Yvette. She is my angel and completely gets me and understands me. She knows I am not done healing; that I will always be in recovery. I can now reach out for help when I need it. I feel positive about the next week, I have to; it's better than being down and negative.
I was stoked to have a Snow Day Tuesday, although it was an hour of heavy flakes that melted by noon. My only wish would have been that they called school off BEFORE we got up, got ready, and got to school. Yes, I wasted a stinkin' cute outfit on 1 hour of school. Maybe I will try it next week, I bet no one will notice. We have Monday off for MLK Day and there is a chance of snow for Monday night into Tuesday. It would be nice to have a 4 day weekend.
Have a great weekend. Please keep me in your prayers, as well as my school family.

0 comments: