CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

4 Day Weekend............And No CoPay!

Yes, that's right. I get a 4-day weekend. We have so many students and staff out with misc. illnesses, that they cancelled school for the rest of the week. Even my best friend, Yvette, is sick. When the guidance counselor is sick, we should cancel school. (haha)
Unfortunately, I am also among the ill. I had battled this nose, head, congestion thing for as long as I could. I finally decided to bite the "co-pay" bullet and go to the doctor. They could get me in at 3:40. I left my last block class with another teacher and off I went, fully prepared to fork out the $20 co-pay. I checked in at the front desk and was informed I had a credit!!! Wooohoooo! No Co-Pay!!!!! My doctor and his nurse were thrilled to see me. The last time I saw them was October 11th and I have changed just a smidge. (Okay a big smidge) As sick as I felt, they said I looked wonderful and full of life. It was good to see their reaction and get a boost of confidence in myself and my recovery.
As suspected, I was diagnosed with a splendiforous sinus infection and written a prescription for antibiotic and decongestant. In summary, my $30 doctor trip turned into a $10 venture (plus gas). I have taken 2 doses of the antibiotic and at this moment feel worse than I did yesterday. Hopefully, I will feel better soon. My head feels like it weighs a ton. I am very glad that we didn't have school. I don't think I would have been able to go anyway.
I have added some pictures and changed the look of my blog a bit. I hope you like it, and if you don't, that's okay. It's what I like...................
****** Keep my sister Kathy in your thoughts and prayers. She had her appendix removed this past Sunday night! She was not expecting the "vacation" (like you can plan these kind of things). She is recovering at home and taking it easy.
Thanks for checking on me!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I like the new colors. Very bright and easy to read.
I hope you are feeling better; I am sorry you are so ill. Maybe you're bout feeling better (if your speaking Country, that is).

Love you,
Anne

Sarah said...

Hey Carol!
Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! I have loved getting to know Anne better at the office, she is so fun. She talks about you a lot and it is very evident that she loves and respects you very much! It makes me want to be closer to my sisters.
Nice blog! I will definitely be checking back here often. I hope you are feeling better!
-Sarah