CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Aches, Pains, and Triumphs in my Path

In true Carol form, my week was filled with ups and downs, but I handled them all in stride, much better than I would have months ago.
I will start with Monday......... I was nervous about cheerleading practice because of the events that had transpired at Friday nights ballgame. Practice was wonderful, they worked hard and everyone got along.
Tuesday, seemed more like a Monday. I will give a "block by block" replay of the day.
1st Block: I had purchased some much needed school supplies for my classroom (with school money of course). I was attempting to take roll with my new, pink mechanical pencil, and managed to poke myself directly in the eyeball! OUCH! My eye would not stop burning or watering. I spent the rest of the block whining. Then my computer decides to shut down and not come back on.
2nd Block: was okay until lunch time when I successfully dropped a bite of cheesy potatoes on my pants. They told me what to eat during treatment, but not how to eat. Maybe I need a class on how to use utensils.
3rd Block: I managed to bite my bottom lip. It felt like I had been hit with a baseball.
4th Block: I get a major case of the hiccups. The kind that makes your chest hurt every time.
I finish the school day by having bus duty in the arctic air. Why couldn't it have been 60 degrees like the last week? I was sooooooo cold. We had a ballgame and it was okay. We won but the refs were terrible and blind.
I woke up Weds. with a wonderful headache. I am confident it was because of bus duty in the cold air. The computer dude came to fix my school computer and informed me I needed a new hard drive, so I had to save everything on disk. I was not excited about that at all. I had cheerleading practice and it went well again. I came home and started to do some things for my taxes. This task sent me into a crying episode. I was looking at my planner to document doctor visits, etc. for the mileage, and looked back at last year, January in particular. Last January was a terrible month for me and seeing the notes I had written brought those feelings back full force. I cried because I hated to see the misery that I felt, but then I can see how I am now. Happy....... much better off. It was another "mirror" I had to look in and see myself and the past.
Thursday the computer dude came back and replaced my hard drive. The problem is that my computer is completely clean. The computer techs from the county were supposed to come that day to put the programs back on, but as of Friday, had not been there. I feel weird not being able to use my computer. Thursday night was awesome!! I went to my first ED support meeting. THere are 6 of us, ages ranging from 20 - 36. We have the common factor of ED, so age is not a problem. I look forward to offering and gaining support from these strong, amazing women. I got home later than usual and went straight to bed. I was beyond tired!
Friday, I was not feeling any better, as far as this lingering cold is going. It is official. I cannot breathe. I am confident a sinus infection is the cause. I could not make it through a Friday night ballgame without some sort of "cheer drama". It started during the girls game..... some of my girls were talking "smack" about each other. During the halftime of the boys game, they performed their new dance, which was okay. They have done better, but it was fine. We will clean it up more next week. I managed to miss the 2nd half of the boys game b/c one of my girls needed me. She is dealing with so much, more than a teenager should. I was ready to crash when I got home.
Saturday, my daddy came over to remove some junk that had been residing on the side of my backyard for approximately 2 and a half years. After 2 trips to the landfill and $21 later, it was clean. I spent the 4 hours after he left burning misc. pieces of wood and leaves. Great fun playing with fire, however, I still have that campfire smell in my nose this morning. I am also beyond achey and sore.......every morsel of my body hurts. From my stuffy head down to my toes, I hurt. I should have stretched and warmed up before raking and lifting. I am regretting it today. Simple things like walking, getting up and down, and breathing are difficult.
Like I said, my week was filled with ups and downs, but I have handled it in positive ways, ED free.
Hope everyone has a great week and I will check in next Sunday.

0 comments: