CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Every little step I take................

I am going to try the "blog mania" out and see how it goes. I have nothing else better to do and enjoy meeting and talking with other people. Bear with me as I try to customize and tweak my blog.

To let you know a little bit about me, I am a firm believer in taking it "One Day at a Time". I have been in active recovery for an eating disorder since November 1, 2006. Every little step I take is a step towards the future and my happiness. My friends and family mean the world to me and I could not have made it this far without their love and support carrying me through each day.

Because of obtaining treatment, I took a leave of absence from school, where I teach 8th grade Math and 6th Grade Science and coach/sponsor our high school cheerleaders. My first day back to teach was this past Thursday, January 4th. I realized how much I had missed teaching and interacting with my students. Unfortunately, I also realized how much time I had spent sitting on my butt during treatment, etc. I am totally exhausted and need to rethink my shoe choices for next week!!!

One aspect I did not miss during my "treatment vacation" was the grading of papers and teenage cheerleading drama. Yes, in the 2 days we were at school this week, I experienced them both. I will be able to handle them better (I hope) now that I am better.
Life goes on and it will regardless. One day at a time.

5 comments:

MomToHunter said...

Ann Z said...
Ms. Carol - You look great - the sparkle has definitely returned to your eyes. I am very impressed with your computer abilities - a blog-- WOW!!! Miss you. Ann

MomToHunter said...

Carol (that is me) did not say that, Ann did. I had to copy and paste to my original post b/c I had a blank post. It is only day one and so far that is the 2nd oops. The other was the time zone. We are on Eastern, not Pacific.
Thank you Ann for your note of encouragement and support. I am doing much better and am so sparkly sometimes I annoy people. I have a lot of time to make up for. The world is not ready for me!!!!
Love and miss you Ann

Anne said...

I am extremely jealous...you have a REAL comment. I have my husband being a dork and signing my name and your deleted comment.

Love you anyways,
Anne

Anne said...

No worries, Steven doesn't know how to operate this thingy enough to delete....Any MAYBE I am dreaming of being where ever it is they have pacific time therefore reflected in my time zone choice.

Peas and Carrots,
Anne

PS. For your OCD self; I changed the stinkin' time zone. :)

Anne said...

Holy crap! I am under inspiration and hope! What an awesome compliment. Maybe I really do rock!

To the moon,
Anne