CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sleepy and Stiff...............

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas................. I did !!! I enjoyed being with my family, as well as with Jerry and his family. If you are an immediate member of my family, then you have seen the following pictures. If you aren't, then you must realize you are only going to see a few of the (close to 200) pictures taken from Christmas Eve until this past Thursday. I will start with Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's.

The Stratman, Pereyo, Freeman, Inman, Arnold Women
* Doing what we do best, being silly!!

Where's Grandma and Grandpa? Our kids are getting SO tall !!!!

Don't ask me what I was doing. Apparently I was being silly hugging Jerry.

Our serious picture...............
Maddi on Christmas Day - more interested in the tissue paper than the treats in the bag.
One of a gagillion pictures taken of Chloe and Olivia opening their presents on Christmas Day!!
Christmas Night..... Olivia and Chloe doing their Yoga video from Mom and Dad.
Now, why am I worn out? After figuring out on Wednesday morning that daycare was closed, I called Jerry (who had to work) to inform him of this travesty. It was not at all what I had envisioned my week to be, but a conversation later, I was keeping the girls for the next 3 days. Did I know what I was getting myself into? Sort of.................. They were actually pretty good and we had our fair share of fits and fun. I am going to need about 4 more days of sleep to get caught up.
As many of you know, I was on the hunt for a pre-lit Christmas tree but was waiting until the day after Christmas to get it. With the girls in tow, I headed to Kmart in Oak Ridge. Was I nuts? Sure I was by 4:00 when we finally left Walmart and the girls were passed out in the back of the car............... this after a major fit. I will definitely rethink shopping with no naps the next time. I do want to say --- Bless Kathy and Kamry ---- they were such huge helpers with the girls. I couldn't have done anything that day without them.
I purchased the tree at Kmart, only to realize that I probably shouldn't have had the girls with me when I did it. Thanks to Kathy and her stellar organizational skills, the tree and 2 booster seats were snug as a bug in a rug. Those girls weren't going anywhere.
I forgot how much fun an empty box could be. Chloe immediately climbed in and many hours later, the box is now a "car". They have insisted on me keeping it for the next time they are here. I do have to say, it entertained them for most of Thursday.
I took them home to Jerry on Friday, where they are today. I slept pretty good last nite except for my stiff neck. It started getting tight on Thursday morning and has gotten progressively worse, even now as I type. Muscle cream, the heating pad, and Advil are my friends, although I don't feel like they are helping. It would be nice to turn Just my head and not my entire body to the left. Hopefully this passes soon.
We are celebrating Kathy's Birthday (which was the 27th -- she turned 36, which rounds to 40 as Kamry told us) this evening by going Ice Skating. I have a feeling I will be watching from the sidelines.
The Stiff and Sleepy Puddle Splasher

0 comments: