CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Helen Keller meets Charlie Brown

Before I explain the title of today's blog entry, I need to update from the last weeks.........
Last weekend, Jerry and the girls came out to my house so that we could go 4-wheeling for Chloe's birthday (yes, so much like her father). On Friday night, we wanted to take them to a bluff near my house (which we would pass the next day), called Buzzard's Bluff.

As soon as we parked, they were out and on the bluff !!! Jerry is explaining what they are looking at .................. check out their concentration. I love this picture for some reason, maybe b/c they didn't know I was taking it and that the sunset is in the background. While up there, I had Joshua take some pictures of Jerry and I on the bluff................

I thought this one was completely goofy and made Joshua take the next picture too. I tend to like them both.

Our "up close and personal" picture......................
There is a story behind this next picture. Joshua is SCARED to death of heights and had ventured out of the car so that he was not upstaged by Chloe and Olivia. I was very proud of him for facing that fear !!! He was proud of himself too.

Chloe, Joshua, and Olivia............

Our first stop the next day....................... my little cheezers !!!

Yes, this is me........... Yes, I am in Camo, from head to toe, and NO I didn't care. I was warm and toasty inside this camo/fleece ensemble that Jerry let me borrow (no it isn't my camo).
***********Olivia, me, and Chloe taking our own picture.

Fast forward to Thursday evening, Dec. 6th......... Joshua had a JV basketball game. His Grandma, sister, and Mommy were able to come and I know it meant alot to him to have them there. He did Really well, ran hard, had some great rebounds, assists, and passes !!! I did see some "skill" in that boy !!

Joshua is Number 5........... waiting for the other team to mess up so he can take it down court.

I guess he is trying to befuddle the opposing team ........ (he is the one closest to you).
I am soooooooooooooooo proud of Joshua. He is still doing well. We still have our moments, which may or may not consist of a "tune-up". I have had several parents tell me how polite he is and will tell me different stories that make me even prouder of him.

Yesterday, after a week of sniffles, congestion, coughing, blowing, and whining, I dragged myself to the doctor. Diagnosis............. ear and sinus infection. After a 2 hour wait, steroid shot in the butt, nasal spray, and antibiotic Rx, I was on my way home to start getting better.
All I can say today is that I have been up since 6:30, have rearranged Joshua's bedroom, and put up my "Helen Keller meets Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. Now for my poem that will express my true thoughts on stringing the stinkin' lights...............

Ode to Lights
It started with a bang and a clatter.
Maddi ran in to see what was the matter.
She noticed Joshua's bedroom was in disarray,
She knew Christmas decorating was going to consume our day.
I began to pull out pieces and parts of the tree,
Then the strings of lights started scaring me.
I knew what was next after the assembling was done.
I knew stringing those stinkin' lights were not going to be Fun!!
I fought with the lights and Maddi most of the day.
My thoughts and feelings are simple you'd say.
The moral of my day and poem is simple you see,
All I want for next year is a Pre-Lit Christmas Tree.
Maddi lurking from the side of the tree.
Maddi feeling my pain over the lights.
One ornament was harmed during the day.
The finished product..........
I think you can click on the picture and it will make it bigger in another screen, which will only intensify the "Helen Keller meets Charlie Brown" Christmas Tree!!!
**********Click at your own risk!!
Soon to be Pre-Lit Puddle Splasher

2 comments:

Anne said...

Your tree is pretty in its own special kind of way. I forgot how cute your decorations are! I am glad that no matter how crazy your tree looks, that you have the spirit this year to actually put it up. That, my friend, is more important than the way it looks.

At least my tree kicks ass,
Anne
:)

ps..its really not that bad, i'm just giving you a hard time.

MomToHunter said...

Anne......
Thank you for your comment. You are soooooooo right !! I DO have that spririt to decorate, no matter how minimal. I hadn't looked at it that way. Once again, you have brought new perspective to something some might find trivial !!!
I LOVE YOU ........... even though your tree DOES kick ass !!