CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things that go bump in the night

I know it has only been 2 days since my last post, but I felt the need to share the events of yesterday and last night..............

Yesterday, after therapy and tutoring, I came home and finally mowed my jungle of a yard.
I put Maddi on a leash in my side yard, so that she was outside but out from under my feet. I kept her on that while I mowed the front yard, but when I got to the back, I decided to unleash her but keep the gate closed ( I could still see her). As I suspected, she is still too little to be left untied in the side yard. She quickly discovered that she could fit between the gap of the house and the gate....................... to walk beside me as I mowed the back yard. She was right with me every row and every turn. I never worried about her running away, only that she thought the lawn mower was a huge chew toy. A couple of times of "NO MADDI" and that was nipped. It was really cute that she "helped" me mow.

Now, on to last night..................Apparently all of the walking wore Maddi out. She went to sleep when the lights went out, unlike her mother who was battling a mowing headache. After 2 hours of sleep we went outside for a 1:30 tinkle time. When we came back in, I hung up the leash in the same place I always do, only for the basket to come flying off the wall, throwing its contents all around the kitchen. (did I mention it was 1:30??) Maddi does not wait around to help me pick anything up, but runs into my room and starts moaning and faintly barking, like she is some kind of superhero dog. I got everything put up only to discover that Maddi was nowhere to be found. I finally found her UNDER my bed, all the way against the wall, away from my grasp. I kept telling her that Mommy was okay. Deep down inside I know she was worried about my safety. (Yeah right) We battled for the rest of the night/morning and she was only "safe" under my bed. I could never persuade her to get back in her bed. We were up at 8 this morning and have actually got alot done. She has sat and played outside while I made numerous phone calls.

I simply hope that tonite goes better. I am glad I am on Spring Break, so that I can rest if I need to.

0 comments: