CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knock, Knock.....Who's There?????

That is how my Friday night went, with a knock the door, a slight (okay alot) bit of freaking out because I didn't know who was there, and opened the door to find a black puppy sitting on my porch!!! I was beyond surprised!!! Kathy, Anne, Isaiah, and Arissa were taking pictures of every priceless moment.
After my shock had worn off a little bit, it was time to head inside, to the kitchen floor. Kathy and Anne had not only brought me the puppy, who has now been named Maddi Lynn, but also a stinkin cute retractable leash, puppy chow, a dog brush, dog shampoo, and assorted chew toys and treats. I am still in awe that I am a Mommy! Not an Aunt, but a Mommy. Being the OCD gal I am, it was not long before Maddi was experiencing her first bath!! She was very dirty, (3 washes and 3 rinses dirty). Anne helped me while Kathy and Isaiah took pictures. She was so soft and smelled pretty. I kept her wrapped in a blanket until she stopped shivering. I am already spoiling her. I have wanted a puppy for so long.
This will be a fun and challenging way to come home. Being that she is a puppy, I know I may come home to miscellaneous items that have been chewed upon.
Maddi has already made herself comfortable here with me. Within no time, she was laying on the blanket I use on the couch, right at my feet, stretching her little puppy body out everywhere. This is where she met her Grandma and Grandpa. I knew Mom couldn't wait 2 weeks to meet Maddi. After leaving Kathy's, she called and asked if they could come out and meet her. Mom walked straight in and woke up my baby. Daddy sat on the deck and played with her (scratching her belly and roughing her up). I am glad they came out to see us!!!!
Maddi and I had our first outing together today (hopefully Kathy will email me the pictures tomorrow). We met her sister, Kashmir, her Aunt Kathy and assorted children for a "play date" at the Reeder's residence. I came prepared with the leash, container of water, water bowl, and treats, in what Kathy and Yvette call "Maddi's Diaper Bag". (Haha my sisters!!)
The boys (Joseph, Adam, Joshua, and "Doug") played basketball and us girlies bonded. Bonding of the women ended up with us (mostly Kamry and Yvette) trimming the branches in Yvette's backyard.
Maddi and Kashmir wore each other (and their mothers) out! They nibbled and wrestled with each other all afternoon. They eventually had to be put in Time Out (placed on their respective leashes, apart from one another). I know Maddi had a good time. She has been totally worthless all evening. She laid at my feet while I finished grading papers, possibly snoring. I have decided to try letting her stay/sleep in the little officey area I have. I have removed all possible puppy hazards and moved her blanket from the garage (which is where she slept last nite) and set up her stuff in there. I can close the door and if she should use the bathroom on the carpet, it won't matter. That carpet in there is digusting anyway. We will see how tonight goes. She may keep me up all night.
(If you want the details of the events leading up to Maddi's arrival at my door step, visit Kathy's blog at http://miscellaneousmenagerieofwhimsicalwond.blogspot.com/

I could never thank Kathy and Anne enough for doing this for me. They have given me a much needed gift and I think Maddi and I will be good for each other. (She already follows me around like I am special.) I love you both Kathy and Anne.

1 comments:

Kasey said...

Puppies are such wonderful things and what good friends you have to give you such a precious gift.

Stay strong in your recovery. Never give up. You may slip and fall, I know this as I am in recovery of a different sort, but you will endure and win.