CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

"Maddi Go Night Night! Mommy is Leepy"

On top of school wearing me out, I have Maddi to thank as well. Our week has been long, but we are making it. I am discovering that puppies are pretty much children with four legs, fur, and sharp teeth. They groan and whine instead of talk, but are still children.

Maddi went to the vet yesterday for her first round of shots. I thought she would be excited to actually ride in the car, instead of being placed in the "torture chamber" while Mommy goes to work. She was fine on our trek to Oak Ridge, to meet Aunt Kathy, Jofuf, and her sister Kashmir for the double vet appointment. UNTIL we pulled into the parking lot, I put the car in park, and Jofuf attempted to get the door open to get her out................... HURLOFDOGFOODCHUNKS, in my car! Jofuf managed to get her out of the car for round 2 of her car sick belly. We managed to detangle Maddi and Kashmir from their leash web and take them inside where the shots and scales awaited them. We were called back, Kashmir prances right on and Maddi bows up. I had to pick her up. She was weighed and the verdict is 15.4 lbs. Kashmir weighed 15.6 lbs. Now, you all know that I have issues with scales and numbers. I told Maddi that she shouldn't worry about the number on the scale, but how she feels. (Kashmir looks bigger than Maddi) I don't want her to have body image issues like her mommy. While at the vet, Maddi was given the bright yellow dewormer (liquid form) and a shot of some sort. She did very well. Since she is a car puker, she was not allowed to get a milkbone treat for her good behavior. (If you would like more details of the vet visit, I am sure Kathy has written about it on her blog)
I need to mention the fact that Kathy locked her keys in her car for the 2nd Saturday in a row. Luckily, her friend Tammy has an extra set and lives a mere 5 minutes from the vet. We loaded all people and pets into the puke-mobile and headed up the hill to fetch the keys. Of course we had to visit and let the sister dogs wrestle and play. At one point, my girl Maddi, was very close to becoming a Teenage Mutant Ninja Dog. She stepped onto and then into the sewer grate, merely escaping the meeting of her maker. I rescued her and assured her I wouldn't let her become a TMND!!!! By the way, does anyone know the name of the Rat from TMNT????

If you have read my other posts, you know that Maddi sleeps in my room, next to my bed. All I have to say is that some nights are better than others. Last Saturday, I bought her a microfiber bed that in true OCD Carol fashion, matches my bed. She had no problem accepting the new sleeping arrangement and, 75% of the time, responds to the stern command of "Maddi, go nite nite, Mommy is very sleepy." I have been awakened at all hours of the night to a cute little black face by my bed, commanding me to go outside and use the yard, instead of the carpet. I know I should be thankful that she lets me know she has to go potty, but at 2 and 3 in the morning, I fail to see the success in it. I have stood out there many nights/mornings thinking that this is insane and why am I out here in the darkness, instead of snuggled in my microfiber covers? I know why. Because my puppy is slowly (very slowly some days) learning that the yard is where she should do her thang, not the house. I get aggravated when she insists on playing, rolling around in the grass, and attacking assorted leaves and twigs, instead of coming back to go nite nite. She discovered the earphones under my bed. Yes, one morning I woke up, saw something dark in my floor, thought she had pooped in my floor, only to discover in my groggy state, that it was the black foam from my headset. Apparently I don't use them that often if they were under my bed.
In Maddi's defense, I have discovered that she is very loyal and remembers and learns better than I think she does. Wherever I am, she is there. When I get ready to go somewhere, she lies by the bathroom door or lies on the bathroom rug and watches me. In the kitchen, she is either eating or with me. Even here in the computer room, she has a blankie with some of her toys and occupies herself while I type. She loves my house shoes, grabbing them whenever they leave my feet. She doesn't chew on them, but wrestles with them, then sleeps on them. Maybe because they have my scent and are soft. It is one of the cuter things she does. Trying to get on my couch is another. Someday soon she will succeed at it.

Alright, onto other things, non Maddi related.............After discovering that NONE of my capri pants fit, I knew I needed to visit the local Kohl's, use that 15% "Pick a Day" coupon, and score some clearance and sale items. After the Vet, I brought Maddi home and went to meet Kathy for shopping and bonding. We had an absolute blast! All through my ordeal/recovery, I have been discovering "small blessings". My growing relationship/friendship with Kathy is one of them. Upon her entrance at Kohl's, she was full force ahead, seeing what size my expanding backside needed and grabbing some 80% off clearance capri pants and assorted other items for me to try on. We did find some things for Kathy as well, it wasn't all about me. My greatest find of the day, however, was not a clearance item(but it was on sale). Kathy had gone to find me another size of shorts (bigger) and while she was gone, I tried on a dress to be worn at all Spring functions...................... as soon as I put it on, I knew it was it!!!! I couldn't wait to show Kathy. I feel so good in this dress. Kathy came back and I stepped back and said "ta da". She didn't even look at the dress at first. She was smiling and looking at my eyes, then discovering the dress. She loved it too. It fit, but a size larger would allow me to feel more comfortable. Unfortunately, the store we were at didn't have the larger size, the one at West Town did. SCORE!!! I am very happy with my dress and can't wait to wear it. Our day was fun, tiring, and memorable. No offense, but some pants made me look like a "hamburger in a hot dog bun". (A CarolKathyism) Thank you for the pale pink fe-phops, the Weigels Diet Coke, and most of all, for being YOU.

I am on Spring Break this next week. I so have to mow tomorrow! Maddi is getting lost in the clumps of overgrown grass. Her "Army Dog" days are over soon. I do have assorted therapy/ support groups throughout the week, will be working with my boys (the ones I am doing homebound for) on their schoolwork, and totally messing with Maddi's weekday schedule.
Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for checking on me.
Love and hugs to all my peeps!!!! WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry this is so late. The rats name is Shredder. Ha! I remembered!