CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bonding and Prom Dresses

OfficeAfter a long week at school, one that consisted of 5 days (no snow days), I am exhausted!!! It seemed like the week would never end. On top of my awesome teaching, my evenings were busy too. Monday included my (After School) Expressions in Art class then therapy. Tuesday, we had an away basketball game. Wednesday I went to work with my boys (homebound) and finally got some things done around here. Thursday we had Parent-Teacher Conferences until 6:30 (I could have left at 4:30......I only had 4 parents!!) and I met a friend for dinner at 7. Friday nite was another (the last) away game. As far as my cheerleaders go, this week was better. After putting it all out there and pointing fingers last week, it seems to have helped. I simply told them if they were not going to smile and act like they were having a good time, to change, pay their admission and be on their way. I don't want to nor do I have any extra energy to deal with it any longer. I felt closer to the girls this past week b/c of the away games. We were being goofy and having a great time on the bus ride. They did well at both of the games!!

Today, I took one of my girls prom dress shopping and as you can see, we were successful. This was about the 6th dress she tried on and when she came out of the dressing room, she was glowing, literally. She said she felt like a princess and that "this is the one". She looks incredible in it and is very excited. I am so blessed and thankful she asked me to take her and share the day together. (Her mother passed away this past July.) We had a wonderful time!!!
I am worn out from the week and today and have another busy week ahead of me.

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for checking on me.
Love and Hugs,
Carol

1 comments:

H-Schizzle said...

Hey miss S im so glad you and cassie got that dress she looks so pretty. like u said she derserves it . i love you so much talk to u later
hannah