CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008

What was I thinking?????

That about sums up my trip to D.C. last week. What in the hell was I thinking? I should have known better. Being pregnant and going to D.C. for a week with a bunch of 8th graders was more exhausting than I thought it would be.I was whooped by the 3rd day and had swollen ankles and other body parts to show for it. I was just not feeling this trip this time. Maybe b/c I am pregnant??? I don't know. My kids were not as well behaved as they were last year. I had some real smart asses too, which only makes me madder. I had an okay time, thanks to my chaperones and some of the kids. I did have some kids that made it worth while.

I spent most of the weekend sleeping...........Literally sleeping my weekend away. I slept 13 hours on Friday/Saturday. I managed to take a shower and unpack the car and went to Jerry's on Saturday evening and was back asleep by 11:00. Jerry woke me up at 5 Sunday afternoon...... yes I had slept 18 hours. I had no problem going to sleep last night at 9:30 and woke up at 6:30 this morning. I am officially ready for bed as I type. And it is only 5:00.

There will not be another trip for me. I wasn't going to go next year because of having the baby, but I decided it wasn't fun and some kids misbehaved, helping me decide I am through with the whole D.C. thing.................... I am done.

Only 4 more weeks of school left............................thank the Lord.........can I make it through May 3oth????????????

1 comments:

Anne said...

There's always those kids that ruin it for everyone else.

Kinda like the ass in Arissa's class that decided to correct an upperclassman (4th grader)about a presentation she was making. Not only was he wrong, but he spoke out of turn. So why does my kid and the rest of the class have to generate a report on animals?