CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy, happy, joy, joy...........

I guess I had fought the fight long enough. You know, when everyone around you is getting this stomach bug and is miserable? Well, Wednesday I got a foul glimpse of the evilness that is lurking in our schools. I woke up Weds. feeling ickier than normal and by afternoon had gotten sick............... and then never did eat or drink again that evening as the surge of nausea hit me on and off again with vengence. By Thursday morning, I was calling into school, calling my Mom and my doctor (the OB). My OB called me back and had me go to the Women's Pavillion for IV fluids, etc. I called Anne to see if she could take me. She was so excited to be on the other end of the hospital bed. Not in it................. she took great pride in watching me turn green from the first vein not working, watching me look pitiful and just simply not being the one sick. (Of course Anne and I are so close that by Friday she ended up with the same bug and was in the ER on Saturday morning getting her needed fluids.)
After 6 hours, 3 bags of fluids and misc. other drugs, I was given chicken noodle soup, then allowed to go home. Where I proceeded to go right back to sleep for the next 13 hours. I felt like a champ on Friday but Saturday and Sunday I began to feel yucky once again. I hope I am not getting round 2 of this horrible creature. I just got an email from Anne and she has informed me that Arissa now has possession of the bug!!

0 comments: