CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 11, 2007

29 hours ..........................................

A mere 29 hours after driving my New car off of the lot........................BAM................ Daisy Deer decides to leap across Gallaher Rd. in Kingston and mess up my new ride!!! She hit me, I did not hit her. Had she been standing in the road and gazed at me upon my arrival, then yes, I would have hit her. But instead, she leaps out of nowhere onto the front of my car. I yelled words I shouldn't have, turned around to see Daisy flailing on the side of the rode, then headed for the BP to assess the damages. (Directly after hitting Daisy I called Anne and vented!!)


I decided I wanted to drive it home since it appeared driveable and it was 1:30 in the morning. With the Lord by my side, I safely slid the car into the garage, where she resided until 1:45 this afternoon when Eddie's Auto Body sent a tow truck to get her.

At 2 in the morning, nothing ever seems that bad. Yesterday afternoon, Anne and Steve brought me Mom's car to use since she is still in Florida taking care of her mom. Upon further examination of said damage, we realized that it wasn't fiberglass like I thought it was, it was deer hair and deer blood and who knows what else. Any one that knows me, knows that I am a city girl to the tee.............. deer anything does not appeal to me. My father and a guy friend of mine even asked if I stopped and put the deer in my car to bring home?????? What are they on??? Hellllo .............. yucky, I am not into deer jerky, deer stew, or anything that starts with deer.
The moral of my story is that I have not been upset to the extent it sent me into a come apart. I have laughed and smiled about it. They have already called with the estimate and thank God I have insurance..................$5181.97.................... and a rental car.

(Oh yeah, I am okay. Airbags never budged!!)

0 comments: