CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Picture Perfect

Let's see, since my last post I have been very busy. No more snow days have been given, so that means I am exhausted by the end of the week.
Valentine's Day was a great day for Jerry and I. We took Hunter to his Aunt Bette's and went riding in the Ranger. We went exploring in Morgan County to places we had only heard about. We were able to find a few places that the girls will enjoy going and possibly camping this summer. We took a break and Jerry taught me how to shoot his gun. I kinda enjoyed it in a freaky kind of way. This was the first time in a very long time that he and I had been riding, alone, and me not pregnant. I have missed it more than I realized. I feel that Jerry and I got closer that day. And I am so thankful that Aunt Bette and Uncle Bill watched Hunter so that we could have that time alone.
A self portrait somewhere in the woods.

I am standing in front the water at Potter's Falls.

Jerry climbing under a rock. Such talent he has.

Sunday we went to Jerry's Dads for the afternoon. We had a great time with Uncle Scott and Aunt Becky. Papaw made us dinner and then finally held Hunter for the first time. It was a very big deal. He wouldn't hold Hunter until he was holding his head good enough.
Three Generations...........................
Monday I was off for President's Day. I decided to take Hunter and get his pictures made. He did so good and we got some really good shots. Some of the ones on here are ones that they tweaked to what we wanted. These are the original shots. I plan on tweaking them with my Kodak software and ordering some more prints.
My big boy laying down.

One of my faves.........................

Look how big he looks.................

My handsome guy............................
We had a busy week. Jerry's birthday was Tuesday so after work, we went to Hooter's. Hunter loved and those waitresses loved him. I had never been there, so I was in for a treat. I can say that I now LOVE their wings........... the mild ones............. not the 911 ones that Jerry got that you could smell and it burnt your nose hairs. When we got home, I gave Jerry his special dessert I had made............... homemade blackberry cobbler. Lana had given me the blackberries and the recipe. It is very easy and tasty. We had a really nice evening and Hunter slept most of the way through the nite, getting up only once.
Wednesday was going great until about 2:30 when they called for a Tornado drill. Little did we know that it was NOT a drill. We were under a tornado warning and everyone was sent to the hallways. The Lord was watching out for our school and community as nothing was harmed. I did hear that their was rotation all around us. Jerry was keeping in contact with me and I was busy keeping in contact with the babysitter. She had taken Hunter and the other little boy she keeps, Sawyer, up to a relatives basement. I was wanting to get to Hunter as soon as they let us go. We were released about 3:30, which was when school normally dismisses. It was a weird afternoon.
Thursday was very long. We had stupid, dumb, parent teacher conferences after school until 6:30. I did go get Hunter during my last class and one of my students watched him in my room for me. I was beyond ready to come home. When we got home, Jerry had cooked dinner for us. Thank goodness or we were gonna starve. I wasn't cooking.
Today is Friday, it is actually the nite. The girls are here for the weekend. They have been fed and bathed. We have made cookies, done dishes, and snuggled. Hunter is asleep and I am not far behind him. We have something to do for Uncle Scott tomorrow and on Sunday, we are going to Mom and Dad's to celebrate Jerry's birthday. So yet another busy weekend.

0 comments: