CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

One Day Work Week

I am still lovin the Magic Minivan : ) -- so are Jerry and the girls. It is so easy to get the kids in and out of it. I still crack up at Jerry driving it while playing the "steering wheel" guitar and drums as he listens to the HairNation station.
Last Sunday we got the girls from their mom for the day/night. They hadn't seen the van and were very excited when we pulled up. Chloe jumped out of her mom's car and ran to give me a hug, grinning from ear, asking, "Did you get one with a set in the back?" My answer was yes. Then she asked, "Can we ride in it?".............. She cracks me up!! They spent the time on the drive home exploring the cupholder situation in the back among other features they had discovered. We got home, changed clothes, and were off to Aunt Bette at the park. The weather was nice and everyone had a good time. Little did we realize the weather was getting ready to completely change..........................
Monday morning brought cool temps and as I was taking Hunter to the sitter's house, it began to snow. I had dropped him off and was ON MY WAY to school when the call came.......... "No School in Morgan County". I went into school and did a few things and was then on my way back to the sitter's to get Hunter. It had really began to snow harder and was becoming very pretty.
This was taken on the last curve before the sitter's house.
The sitter took a picture of Hunter and me on her porch.
Hunter and I came home, carefully, as the roads were beginning to get slick. We snuggled in the bed and watched the news report that many area schools were dismissing early b/c of the weather.
Tuesday was a snow day. I had plans to go shopping with a friend of mine after school, so we were able to make a noon trip to Knoxville. I was also able to meet my friend, Kristy, to get this Rainforest Jump-a-saucer thingy from her. Hunter loves this contraption. He bounces and talks and drools and jumps.
This is one of my favorite faces from my boy.
This picture is my desktop background.
The snow continued again on Wednesday and gave us another snow day. I was able to take Hunter outside to get a few pictures of him "in" the snow. He didn't seem to be bothered by the cold much. Could it have been his Blue Camo blankie???

Hunter has begun the Baby Food voyage................ We try one food every 5 days. This is to make sure if he has an allergic reaction to a food, we will know which one it is. He has made it through green beans, Loved some peas, and as of last nite, we moved to carrots. Dr. James told us to try the green veggies, then orange, then yellow, then fruits, then meats.
He is such a big boy in his high chair and it is so easy to use.
Thursday we got our last snow day of the week. I took advantage of it by cleaning the house and bonding with Hunter. I also had time to make the most awesome pork tenderloin and new potatoes for dinner. Jerry loved it too and I was just impressed something that looked that weird in the package could be so good. (Imagine tube of meat in plastic) I want to give a special shout out to Aunt Bette for telling me about it. I am definitely buying it again.
And dang it, Friday we had to go back to school. It was kinda nice to get out of the house and be with someone that could talk back. I had a nice day and was sooooo exhausted when the day was done. After school, I got Hunter and we went to meet Uncle Tebie to get Isaiah and Arissa for the weekend for another riding trip to Windrock. Jerry had already gotten the girls and they were waiting on us when we got home.
They all got up early yesterday morning and headed out. I was hoping they would have a good day. The weather was gorgeous and the temps were pleasant. And the good news is, they didn't get stuck this time and were home before 6:00 last nite.
The kids on Panther Rock.......
Looks like I am going to have a 5 day work week. I should be exhausted by Tuesday!!!!
Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: