CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cold, snow, water, and fire

First of all ---- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE !!!!!

My week went pretty well you could say. I only worked one day.................... yes, one day. That would be Friday. The week before, January 15th and 16th, we were out of school b/c of the severe coldness. This week, we were out because it snowed!!! Not very much, but enough to hamper buses from running safely Monday through Wednesday. Thursday I was planning to be off because I didn't have a sitter, then they ended closing just our school due to a water main break and the school didn't have water!! I didn't have to take a sick day!! Yippeeee!!


During my time off, I was able to spend quality time with Hunter!! We did manage to run errands each day to get us both out of the house. I got my car back on Wednesday, finally. And made the decision to begin looking for a bigger car............ a minivan most likely!! Now those of you that know me, are probably laughing hysterically. Carol in a minivan????? I know I NEVER thought I would even need one, but here I am, with a family........kids that require booster seats and a car seat. I am actually excited about this part of my life and getting a bigger car. I am sure I will post pics when I make my lovely purchase.


Yesterday was a fun day, sort of? We started burning the infamous pine tree that fell in the backyard back in December ( I think). Everyone worked really hard. Jerry sawed up the tree, Isaiah lugged a gagillion pieces of wood to the fire, Arissa helped watch Hunter so I could go outside and help as well as putting wood in the fire, and well, Olivia and Chloe did whatever we wanted and they wanted to do, even whine that it was no fun. This was until it came time to roast wienies and marsh mallows. Then it was fun for all!! We still feel like we have campfire up our noses and I am sore in place that shouldn't be sore. Jerry is VERY sore. Some of those pieces of wood probably weighed a good 150 lbs. I am thankful he did what he did yesterday, and every day. The yard is looking better and better. Here are some pics from the FUN day of burning.

Jerry sawing, Children watching and ready.



Smiling, smokey kiddos ( Olivia was napping during the taking of these pictures.)

For those of you that pray.......I have a few friends going through some rough spots in their lives. If you could shoot some well wishes their way, I would appreciate. They have been there for me and I want to do everything possible to help them. Thank you bunches!!!!

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Call the next time you need yard help. I have two able bodied kids that would be happy to help, as would I.

Glad it's all getting done.

Love ya!

Kathy