CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 4, 2007

I'm Gonna be a Mommy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, made ya look ................... Before I update what is going on, I will explain the meaning of the title of this blog. I don't anyone freaking out ........... Here it goes......

Memorial Day weekend....... I had been thinking about something for a while, but on a drive to Oak Ridge (I think to get my nails done) something came over me. I can't explain it. I honestly believe it was God talking to me. I had to pray and talk to my family before I could be 100% sure I wanted to take on the task God had handed me. 2 weeks later I was talking to Kathy and then Joshua (her middle child). With support from her and others in my life, Joshua will be going to Oakdale for the school year. He will live with me (and Maddi) from Sunday night to Friday afternoon. I have temporary guardianship of him and as of July 31st, he is officially enrolled in Oakdale School. He and I have spent some trial nights together, cleaning and arranging his room, as well as letting him experience the OCD side of his Aunt Carol. He has seen that I was not kidding when I said "if we can't nuke it, we can't eat it"...... I am hoping to blow the dust out of the crock pot and possibly create healthy meals in the ceramic vat of wonder. I am very positive about the upcoming school year, for me and for him. He needs a break from his current school system and a second chance at success. He is brilliant and I want him to prove to himself how well he can do. I know it is a huge undertaking. I have weighed all the pro's and considers. There will be ups and downs. I have been through enough to know that not everyday will be roses and that life will hand us thorns along the way. He and I will be going to (different) therapy along the way. Please pray for us and keep us in your thoughts.
I have to thank first and foremost, KATHY.......... she has trusted me with her child, her flesh and blood. I feel blessed that she trusts me to do what she is doing. I can never thank her enough. I hope I don't let her or Joshua down. I cannot imagine how she feels and that part of heart will be empty while mine begins to open more. I know she wants the best for Joshua and for me.
Onto the school year.................. Last week was insane. I attended a "Math" inservice with 5 other peers that ended up not even being about Math. We are, however, School Performance Coaches in our school. We are trained and training to implement small, gradual changes in our school, starting with the classroom. I am excited and ready for them to begin. I have gotten positive responses from everyone I have to suggested changes to so far. My classroom is ready to go. I now need to sit down and start planning for the first weeks of school. My classes are the same........... 6th grade Science and 8th Grade Math. In looking at last year's test scores, I was so excited to see that my kids did so well on the Math. I had my biggest percentage of advance scores I have ever had. My principal was stoked to see how well the middle school Math scores were this past year. Mike, Heath, and I are obviously doing a great job. We needed that encouragement in an age when Mr. Bush wants No Child Left Behind. He should come to the Math department in Oakdale's Middle School.
I know I am missing some things that have been going on, but this is all that is on my mind at this moment. Again, please keep me and my family in your prayers as the school year begins. Thanks for checking in on me and please send Kathy an email to update her blog. (sorry Kathy, it had to be done.)

Carol, Maddi, and Joshua (my newest puddle splasher)

0 comments: