CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2007

Firsts...............

Joshua and I have survived our first week together under the same roof, but not without some memorable moments for Me and him ..................


Tuesday I ventured in to Crock Pot Land, throwing chuck roast, corn, carrots, new potatoes, and beef broth in it before leaving for my teacher work day. We had errands to run so when I came home, I noticed this smell as soon as I walked into the house........... what was the smell you ask? It was DINNER........... yes, fully cooked, semi-healthy, mouth-watering food. Josh was so excited and said that it was delicious and I did great, since I don't cook........ THIS IS A FIRST
Wednesday was our first day of school. Josh spent his half-day with the 7th graders b/c we thought he would be held back. We came home, only to have to go back up to school so that I could have a meeting with the powers that be to see if Joshua could be promoted to the 8th Grade. I have always been the classroom teacher on the other side of the table. That day, I was the Parent.................. THIS IS A FIRST
Thursday was another momentous occasion............ the turning on of the oven. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I turned it on. I made Joshua come into the kitchen in case I needed him to call 911 and to photograph the occasion. The pictures below tell our story of the awesome fish sticks ........
Nothing blew up as I turned on the oven......
Knowing the oven actually works, I place the fish sticks into the oven...........

Yes, due to some apparent item burning off (possibly dust) the smoke alarm went off.........
The finished product...Fish sticks, ala Aunt Carol...they were tasty and ....... THIS IS A FIRST
Since I totally missed the actual first day of school, I thought I would take a picture of Joshua's First day of 8th Grade........... You know technically he was in 7th Grade on Wednesday. Yes, Joshua was promoted to the 8th Grade and with that comes either a blessing or a curse......... The kid will have his Aunt Carol (aka Ms. Stratman) for Math ......... ALL YEAR...... THIS IS DEFINITELY A FIRST
"Hurry up Aunt Carol and take the picture"
"Did I do that?"
Thanks for checking on us and continue to keep my family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey Cooker Girl--those would be fish FILETS not STICKS. But we won't argue, it could be worse--you could be taking him to a bar for tids and bits!

The Other Sister,
Anne

MomToHunter said...

Thank you Anne -- that is hilarious...... tids and bits.