CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 6, 2007

Farewell's and the Fourth

I had lunch with one of my former cheerleaders on Monday afternoon. I met Kirsten when she was in the 7th grade, had her for all of 8th grade and then she cheered for me for 3 years (until I gave it up). I used to take her to and from school, building a bond no one will ever be able to take from us. Yes, we got on each others nerves, like most adult/teenager relationships, but I know we have always loved one another. At my worst, she loved me. She is now a senior and moving to Missouri tomorrow (the 7th). She has gone from braces to lightened hair, becoming a beautiful young lady. I will miss her and all her goofy sayings, quirks, and dancing. I will definitely miss her smile, never ending supply of hugs, and her being my Stratman Jr.

Okay, so Daddy doesn't really look like this and I don't think I have ever seen him wear a goofy hat while grilling, But he did grill and it was Steak! Daddy Steak! There is nothing like it and us girls swear by them. No one will ever grill a steak as well as he does. After sleeping my days away due to a sinus infection, I decided to call mom and ask if they were grilling on the 4th. My mouth started watering when she mentioned steak. Long story short, I took a shower and loaded Maddi in the back of the rental (yes I still have it!!) and off we went to Grandma and Grandpa's........ Our steak was perfect as usual and they fixed baked potatoes and steamed broccoli.... it was so good!!! I didn't want Maddi to feel left out so I had brought her little canine cuisine of filet mignon to mix with her puppy chow. She loved it as she always does and her grandparents spoiled her with small pieces of fat from their steak. She was a good puppy, wrestling with her Grandpa and chewing on her rawhide bones. We had fun, Maddi was worn out, and am thankful Mom and Dad let us crash their cookout!!!!

What exactly is Maddi biting on her Grandpa?

"Come on Grandpa, I wanna play with the ball"

0 comments: